Sunday, June 29, 2014

This post has everything...



Ok so today's mani had me cracking up, and I could just hear Stephan saying "this mani has everything, water-marble, stamping, glitter, confetti and more glitter..."  But wait I'll get to that momentarily.

Since the last post I did 3 different designs so I need to go back and share those too... SO the first one was kind of interesting... let me tell you why... I have been reading about jellies and I've seen a few over black (at least as I understand it?), so that was kind of my intent to add that into this design, then I decided to alternate with pink having already used finger paints "pride" along with Revlon's "Celestial Fix" over "Black Magic" , of course I couldn't decide on a pink so had to redo the alternate fingers 4 times while I tried to settle on a specific shade, I finally settled on Essie "Jamaica me crazy" which matched pretty well to the Pride glitter... So then because I sometimes just keep adding and adding, I decided to stamp with my Konad special polish a design on the pink (magenta?) , anyway, I did really like the overall effect. The problem I had was that after a few hours the top coat seemed to sink into the glitter or something and it started to seem more gaudy than it had at first... this reminded me of a prom dress that you just LOVE and think is so glamorous and fancy at 16 only to look back ten years later and think "omg that was awful and gaudy!!"  so these got named "Gaudy Prom Dress Nails" ;)

I just can't stop adding a layer of china glaze "fairy dust" to everything! 

So those didn't last too long because the love was gone... :)  I have really been wanting to use my Orly "glowstick" but it seems every time I try I end up disliking the result and killing the design. So I thought I would try it with a turquoise and see how it worked out.. I thought they were cute... and BRIGHT :) the stamp was a rounded chevron on one of my Cheeky plates, (which I just don't have handy and no way my memory is good enough to remember something like that from a few days ago ;) ) I ended up using Milani "Aqua Brisk" and SC "Why Not"  for the stamping, the why not was darker but I didn't want to have to start that whole layer again so I just alternate the darker and lighter... The first go round I added a small heart with wings to the accent nail, but after about 10 minutes I didn't like it so I went over it and added SC "call you later" a green glitter. However the best picture was of the heart stamp design so that's what you get to see! (lucky~~ ;) )

So that brings us to today's design... it was one of my more frustrating attempts tonight. I just couldn't decide on a color, maybe that's because I'd been polish shopping and came home with a few new colors to add to my already overwhelming choices.  I could list all the ones I put on and took off but that might take all night... sufficed to say that by the time I decided to scrap the stamp design I had done several of and finally try water marble I was a wee bit frustrated. Probably in retrospect starting on something you've never attempted when you are already frustrated and indecisive may not have been the best move.... anyway moving on, I tried probably about 6 different color combinations in the marbling having varying degrees of success. Finally I decided just to do a swirl and dunk 3 fingers in simultaneously, and also decided to go ahead and use red white and blue, a bit early for the 4th since I'll likely destroy this design by Tuesday if it lasts that long... I'd like to say it went smoothly from there, but that's not really accurate... ;)  I did however settle on the designs I felt I could handle for a little while at least. then I had one random accent nail, and I decided to stamp blue stars using my Cheeky CH4 plate, but that wasn't enough so I added a coat of Revlon "Graffiti" and a coat of SH "beach ball".  By the time I got around to taking pictures, I've found that I don't dislike them as much as I initially thought... So maybe they'll live a day... :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment