Saturday, June 14, 2014

In the beginning...

So OK this is something I've wanted to do for a while... I had the obligatory generic website in the early 90's and a wedding site when I married the Mr in 2003, but ever since the blog world took over I just never really felt I had much to contribute... even though I'm a crafty type, it just wasn't regular (wait... I mean I wasn't consistent... that's a better word ;) ) but then slowly a new addiction took over my life... it started slowly and innocently (don't most?) . It all stemmed from the very basic decision to stop wearing the acrylic claws I had for so many years (well after a few year hiatus of not wanting to stab my then itty bitty with them)... I could save SOOOO much money (she says with a bit of foreshadowing sarcasm). For a little while it was ok, I wore my nails short and did lots of painting, but then I found Sally Hanson Salon Effects stick on nail polish... they were awesome! So many fun designs, and oddly my generally brittle weak nails grew stronger... I'd occasionally switch to regular polish... but for the most part had stick on fun!! Till I got bored of the fact that there were only a dozen designs to choose from... So I started painting them different designs... and looking on pinterest for ideas. So it was that I found nail stamping, and the last month or so has been so much fun!  Please excuse the pictures as I begin I'm trying to find ways to improve on the photography and layout! But anyway hope you enjoy and hopefully I'll get better at all of this! :) and oh btw yes these are my natural nails and there are some that seem a bit more curved than others? weird... But I'm pretty happy with how strong they seem to be lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment