Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's summer... it's hot... it burrrrrrns....

Ok well it doesn't ignite really, it's just an icky hot humid mess that we lovingly know as summer in Texas... I've been here long enough, I should really be used to it... but for this nail "do" I decided to pay homage to the heat... I actually really was feeling orange and then started with an orange yellow red ombre sort of look, but it just wasn't working, so I looked at my newest Cheeky full plate and it had a fire tip... the young dude (my boy) suggested black, but when I tried it, it looked like Frankenstein hair... not what I was going for. not.at.all.  So I started over with 2 base coats of Sally Hanson Insta-Dry in "Lightening"  a fingerpaints orange (that I have the bottle packed away to do a friends nails tomorrow - I'll update the name when I open the box back up) all sponged and then stamped with Wet and Wild Megalast in "Red a good book"  - after stamping I went back and added highlights with Covergirl outlast glosstini "rogue red" and "Flamed out" was happy enough that these have been on since Sunday and since I didn't redo them today will be on till Thursday at this point... And yet alas not one really decent picture...

my kingdom for a decent picture...
I took quite a few in different lighting,
but just never got it right this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment