Saturday, June 14, 2014

Some more recent history...


Ok so now I can add some of the more recent ones that I've started doing, again still pretty new at this... I've learned a lot from YouTube, Pinterest, and lots of blog stalking... :) again the photography needs work, I think I need to get or make a light box, and keep the batteries update on my bigger camera, some of the ones with my iPhone tend not to be color true.

After discovering stamping I picked a set (CiCi & SiSi set 1) on amazon, it was around 30ish dollars and seemed to have a decent selection of designs...  The first outing with them was a bit of trial and error, I had watched several videos so I felt like I had a good idea of what to do, however the images just were not sticking to the rubber stamper, I did some more searching and found that you sometimes have to prime them by filing lightly and then removing any debris with tape. After learning that by the way I've never used acetone on my stampers preferring to use lint rollers to clean. I was able to finally get the hang of it...


the first stamps...
couldn't decide so did a few :)

settled on a completely different
design!

These I called my peacock nails...
The one thing that I have noticed that most of my polish does tend to chip after a few days, but so far that's not been a problem because I get antsy to change them after that anyway. I was having some trouble too with the polish peeling off in sheets... I think I've found closer to the correct ratio for top coat etc. also added some new base coat options to my collection... I started out with about 20 bottles of polish... today I have about 120 and that seems to be growing quickly... Also my plate collection has grown at the same rate, I have plates from Cheeky, Bundle Monster, Pueen, Mash and the aforementioned CiCi & SiSi. The only ones I've noted trouble from are the Bundle Monster having had some designs not lift from the plate.

edges still a bit messy
- but this was a fun one


Had a little trouble with the black polish
stamping on this one on all fingers...
Again I feel I should mention that I really am getting better at cleanup!! Really! My Mom, who was a nail art magazine published nail tech a while back, suggested I get pure acetone which totally helped when removing glitter polish and many layers...  She also just lately gave me her refill bottle of Seche Vite... Awesome!!

like if a watermelon and a cheetah
had a baby nails... lol (let's all ignore the
lack of clear coat cleanup shall we?)

This one was one of my faves,
unfortunately it self destructed
after a day :( plus the black didn't stamp
well... definitely need to do this one again

These were my first stamp decals,
the chevrons could have been
cleaner, but I loved them bunches!
again will have to retry for a better result.


Sometimes, like this guy a full
design never sees the light of day
for some reason I just wasn't feeling it
so I started over...

It does happen, like the example above, that I completely finish my nails and they just aren't what I want, I have and will at that point break out the polish remover and do them again... That is one of the big reasons behind this blog, if I took their picture and posted it, well they weren't wasted! :)


feeling summery!

"the memorial CLAW" :)
great lighting in my Mom's kitchen!!
bought a new black stamping polish!

Well I thought I'd get all the older ones in one post and be able to just get up the current ones, but I'm out of gas for this round... So stay tuned for part II! Also When I get current I'll be better about listing the colors and stamps used... Since these were saved on my phone and were mostly to send to the few people I had been pestering with them... :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment